top of page

Mysite Group

Public·93 members

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings Of Ruin (PC)

The story begins with the mass disappearance of Rathalos around the world seen at a festival ion Hakolo island, as well as large pits emitting a strange, pinkish light appearing everywhere. As the descendant of the legendary Rider named Red, the player character has a fateful encounter with a white-haired Wyverian girl, Ena, who has been entrusted with a Rathalos egg by Guardian Ratha. A Rathalos with small black wings bursts out of the egg, which is said to bring ruin to the world in time. As the story progresses, the player character faces many monsters that have pink, glowing eyes such as an anjanath, a diablos, a rathian , and a legiana. These "rage-rayed" monsters attack and destroy everything they see, and the source seems to come from the pits. The Hunters believe that the birth of "Razewing Ratha" (the player's Rathalos) is the source and capture it. Eventually it is discovered that the Hunters are working with a mysterious group that wants Ratha for themselves. The player, however, is able to get Ratha back and escape with Ena, with Ratha spreading his wings in the process. Later, the player sees an enormous worm-like creature emerge from one of the pits and devour a Rathalos. This monster is later discovered to be a powerful Elder Dragon called Oltura, which has been creating the pits and luring Rathalos in to consume them and gain power. The pits' light starts to turn blue as the player and Ena tries to track down Oltura. Eventually, they go to Hakolo Island, Oltura's birthplace. The player and Ena then confront Zellard, who is revealed to be the leader of the mysterious group and intends to awaken Oltura in order to destroy the world and create a brand new one, having grown disillusioned with humanity after Red's death. Zellard nearly sacrifices Ratha to Oltura, but Oltura instead consumes Guardian Ratha, awakening fully. Kyle discovers during the issuing fight that the wings of Oltura are its weak points, and uses two relics that Ena wore around her neck as a pendant to destroy them. The player and Ratha then perform a Sky-High Dive on the weakened Oltura, killing it for good and saving the world after that the players kinship stone levels up to level 6.

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (PC)

Eventually you get hold of this special dragon egg, and as it turns out, there's a band of hunters who want their mitts on it too. It's all linked and mysterious and actually quite compelling. It just takes a long time to get to this point. By no means is this a nuanced or mature story, though. I'd say it feels like a drawn out anime movie for teens, with climactic moments that hinge on 1). Believing in yourself, and 2). The power of friendship (with giant monsters). There are bits to occupy aside from the main quests, of course: a prayer station that'll give you time-limited buffs in exchange for tokens; side quests that'll task you with slaying powerful monsters or collecting herbs in exchange for more goodies. Everything you do out in the field is a means to earn something at least three times over.

My two cents is that it'll be nice to do a bit of monster riding instead of monster hunting. I've only sunk my teeth into a bit of Monster Hunter: World in the past but I admit I always get a little sad at the end of hunts. Chasing down these giant creatures that are trying to escape me and my relentless hunter pals is a bit grim. I'll be much happier being pals with them. Even the Kulu-Ya-Ku.

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruins takes place in a world filled to the brim with monsters. In order to survive, humanity employs monster hunters to fight them off, collect their body parts, and use them to forge new gear. On the other hand, you are not a monster hunter but rather a monster Rider, which tame monsters and become friends with them using Kinship Stones. These tamed and now friendly monsters are referred to by the Riders as Monsties.

Right from the beginning, you can tell that Monster Hunter Stories 2 doesn't stray too far from its predecessor - you get to design your own character, who begins their training as a rider in the wake of strange happenings in their hometown. Navirou, the feline from the first game, once again comes along to declare himself your navigator and you're off, presumably to learn what it means to be a rider, a friend to monsters instead of their hunter.

It feels weird to say that the best parts of Monster Hunter Stories 2 are those that are closest to the main games, but oddly enough I see MHS 2's great strength in how I didn't mind its lack of, well, stories. I think Capcom knows this - the content that's already been announced for this game in the coming months has nothing to do with the actual story - it's additional monsters from Monster Hunter Rise, both to fight and partner up with, so for this game, too, the monster hunt is very much meant to be the main appeal.

Genre: Turn-based JRPG Format:Switch (tested) / PC Developer: Capcom, Marvelous Publisher: Capcom Price: 49.99 Release: Out now Social: @monsterhunter

The story of Monster Hunter Stories 2 has you take control of the grandchild of Red, a legendary hero who previously saved the world with the help of his Rathalos companion. Your character is a newly minted Rider, who forms bonds with Monsties (the name for friendly monsters) As the game begins, Rathalos around the world suddenly take flight, leaving their habitats behind for an unknown reason. At the same time, some monsters around the world suddenly become aggressive and begin attacking people, all while pits filled with red light begin to appear. Everything lines up with an ancient prophecy that a Rathalos with the Wings of Ruin would appear and cast the world into chaos, bringing about its destruction. After hatching a Rathalos with small, black unusable wings who is believed to be the harbinger of destruction, you embark on a quest to confirm if that really is the case and also stop the end of the world. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page